Frequently Asked Questions
Are you a brand owner or designer and looking for a manufacturer or electroplater to process your findings, models or jewelry? Want more information about our services and how we work? Here are some frequently asked questions that should answer most of your questions!
1. What type of client do you work with?
We work with all types of customers, regardless of their size and the quantity they wish to process.
2. What colors of plating do you offer?
As far as colors are concerned, we offer: yellow gold: champagne color bright or aged silver rose gold ruthenium.
We can also deposit an additional protective varnish if you wish.
3. What thicknesses of deposit do you recommend?
Regarding the plating of costume jewelry, we generally deposit 0.5 μm to 5 μm for gold:
- 0.5 μm: Rather for massive parts. Indeed, the larger the surface of a piece of jewelry, the greater the deposit. To limit costs on large parts, customers generally ask us for 0.5 μm.
- 1 μm: This is what is done most often. It is a sufficient thickness for earrings or pendant elements of necklaces for example.
- 2 μm: Recommended for items subject to friction: bracelets, chains, rings, etc.
- 3 μm: Minimum thickness to be deposited to obtain the designation "gold plated".
- 5 μm: Rare request because it is more expensive, which mainly applies to rings in order to obtain better resistance over time.
For silver, we generally go from 5 μm to 30 μm: 10 μm: Rather for massive parts or to limit the cost to the detriment of quality.
- 5 to 10 μm: This is what is done most often. It is rather cost effective.
- 15 μm: It is a sufficient thickness for earrings or pendant elements of necklaces for example.
- 20 μm: Recommended for items subject to friction: bracelets, chains, rings, etc.
- 30 μm: Rare request because it is more expensive, which mainly applies to rings or bracelets in order to obtain excellent resistance over time.
4. Do you use recycled silver?
No we do not.
5. Do you have an MOQ?
Yes we do, our normal MOQ is not necessarily in the amount of pieces order but by the value of each order, which is 3,000 USD. Of course to start a collaboration, we can be flexible
6. What are your lead times?
For sampling and prototyping, 2 factors come in to play. Product difficulty and the amount of products to be developed. But on general, between 3 to 6 weeks, Sometimes more for big range collections.
For production: 5 to 6 weeks.
7. What do I need to provide to get a quotation?
The more precise and the more details you can provide the more accurate the quotation will be.
You can provide pictures, weights, technical drawings, 3D CAD files, plating details, quantities and your stone requirements. These are all important factors to help with making your quotation.
8. Can you print 3D masters and what do you need?
Yes we can. Your 3D CAD file should be in a STL format or 3DM.
9. I don't know how to make a 3D CAD file, can you do it for me?
Yes we can.
10. What surface finishes do you offer?
We offer the following finishes: